Are there any cons to breastfeeding?
- Nursing is definitely time-consuming: Newborn babies typically feed every 2 to 3 hours during the day and may awaken frequently at night.
- If someone else wants to feed the baby with a bottle of breast milk the mother still has to pump.
- Breastfeeding takes a lot of energy for your body to make milk, so the mother can often feel quite fatigued.
- There can be a certain amount of anxiety and frustration while a mother is learning the process.
- Sometimes mothers have physical problems like mastitis, plugged milk ducts and engorgement if the baby is not feeding frequently or properly.
- Working mothers can find it challenging to schedule nursings. It is necessary to pump at work and some jobs may not allow for such breaks (they should, but some do not comply.)